Councillor - Heworth
I live in Heworth Village in the centre of Heworth Ward and my two daughters attend the local primary school.
After serving for four years as a councillor in another part of York I was elected on 7th May 2015 in my home community of Heworth. To serve the people of Heworth I have pledged to:
- Work with local businesses to support local trade and improve the look and feel of the neighbourhood around shopping areas in East Parade and Heworth Village, Fourth Avenue and Monkton Avenue.
- Promote local green spaces by working with The Friends of Glen Gardens and looking to create a 'Friends of Monk Stray' group.
- Support local community centres such as Tang Hall, Bell Farm and the 68 Centre and ensure they broaden the services they offer to the local community.
- Help to bring plans for a health and well-being hub on the site of the Burnholme School to completion and ensure the community have full access to the services on the site.
- Work with the Heworth Neighbourhood Police Team to help to tackle issues around anti-social behaviour across the community.
In addition to being a Heworth councillor I am also shadow spokesperson on transport. I served for four years in the Council's ruling Cabinet including as Leader of the Council between 2014 and May 2015.
Away from politics, I work as a communications manager for Yorkshire Water and I volunteer as a local magistrate.
Heworth councillors keep a regular blog and hold regular street surgeries where we move around the ward talking to residents where they live.
Contact Dafydd WilliamsIf you would like to contact Dafydd Williams then please use this
email link: firstname.lastname@example.org