It’s a privilege to have been elected to represent the community in which I live and in which my two children go to school.
I am proud to have led the campaign against the Academy conversion of three local schools. Since then I have been elected as a parent governor at Scarcroft Primary and become a spokesperson for the national, parent-led state education campaign Rescue Our Schools.
While education is vitally important, it is only one of the issues about which I care passionately:
- York needs to tackle growing poverty
- Defend the NHS and social care
- Improve air quality by providing clean public transport
- Ensure access to affordable housing for all
- Encourage high-quality and secure jobs
- Remain a welcoming city with no place for bigotry, homophobia or racism
These are some of the issues which led me to stand for election in Micklegate. I’m really looking forward to meeting you soon and hearing your ideas about what we should be doing to improve our neighbourhood and our city.
Keeping in touch
I’m always pleased to hear from local residents. Please get in touch if you would like to raise an issue, find out more, or become involved with the campaign.