The NHS is in crisis. Years of Tory austerity and privatisation has brought this precious lifeline and our whole social care system to their knees.
Now it's our turn to stand up for the NHS.
We the undersigned urge the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care to save the NHS by:
- Setting an emergency budget to solve the initial spending crisis through a massive injection of funding
- Training thousands of new doctors, nurses and other health care professionals to tackle chronic staffing shortages
- Ending decades of privatisation, outsourcing and wasteful PFI schemes
- Investing in our social care system on a local level so that it works effectively with the NHS
- Funding our mental health services so that this vital area of care is no longer neglected